I was nominated for this award on the 12th of Feb I just have been so snowed under and hadn’t the brain to compute an answer and post this back. But here it is 🙂
The Liebster Award is no exception!
Thanks to Catherine at http://nowrittenwords.wordpress.com/ for the nomination. I really was so pleased.
The rules for the Liebster are to thank the person who nominated you, answer the 11 question they have asked you, nominate 11 other people and ask them 11 questions in return. According to the guidelines the Liebster award should be sent to bloggers with less than 200 followers so that new bloggers can see how awesome they are!
These are my questions and answers.
So, now for 11 questions for any nominees:
1. What’s your most significant childhood memory?
This is a tough one for me. As there are so many…
However, one of the strongest memories I have is not a good one. It was the day I first contemplated suicide at the age of 15. I’d been baby sitting for a local family. Where the ‘ladies’ going out frantically weighed themselves. A weekly ritual. I just remember one of them saying ‘they’d lost weight’ and how excited they were.
I looked down at my stubby fat fingers. And decided when they had gone out to weigh myself. I did.
As the scale spun around. Almost to the end. Something inside me flipped. I knew I was big but I hadn’t thought I was that big.
That night I cried and cried and cried. When I got home. I took a knife to my wrist.
I did not however want to die, nor did I hurt myself badly.
The next morning I went to my mum and asked to go to see the doctor. There started a two year journey which led to severe weight loss. (under supervision) then not under supervision. And eventually led to anorexia. I lost over 140lbs. Half my body weight.
The rest is history but you did ask. 🙂 I never said it would be short and sweet.
2. What is the one thing you want to do most before you die?
I want to see my TV series on the Sy Fy channel. One day…. soon I hope.
3. Do you have a favourite magazine?
I love reading anything about Koi. But my fav mag went into administration last year. 😦
4. What do you think is the best thing about having children?
Is there one? (don’t have any kids nor a desire to bring them into a world that is heading downhill fast)
5. What’s the worst thing about having children?
You can’t give them back to their real parents as they are yours…
6. What do you do in order to relax?
I sit with my koi. Outside in the garden by their pond.
7. Is there someone you really hate – and why?
Hate is a very harsh word. But, yes, there is someone I hate. ED (Eating Disorder) hate him with a vengeance.
8. If you could live anywhere else, where would this be?
Just anywhere with the man that I love. Paul.
9. Is there a particular job that you wish you could excel at?
I wish my concentration levels were stronger. Not really a job.
10. Are you a cat or dog person?
11. How would you define love?
That fluttering in your heart when you see the person you care for the most. Morning, noon, or night, it feels like home.
And finally, my nominees are:
And my 11 questions for them
1. There is always something that has really hurt you. I’ve shared one of my worst moments above. Can you share one of yours?
2. Share one of your greatest too.
3. Has someone influenced your life in a way you’ll never forget. Someone who isn’t family?
4. Where was your favourite home?
5. Do you prefer a specific genre in writing or watching films?
6. Have you ever had a koi pond?
7. What is your most prized possession?
8. Are you eco friendly?
9. Do you actively save for retirement?
10. Have you ever lived with anyone other than family?
11. What was the worst lie you ever told someone you loved?
Again sorry to Catherine that it took me so long to get too. I am in vast need of a holiday me thinks. Exhausted is not the word for me at the moment.
Happy blogging all.